15 Facts you may or may not know about Lips
Spring and summer are the seasons of balmy sun and beach holidays intermingled with romance and love.
For those who have or have not tried lip fillers known as lip augmentation here are some interesting pointers that may help guide you through the process.
- Lip augmentation can be subtle. Yes, if you want subtle structure to your lips then we can apply our artistic talents to create gorgeous minimal lips. Many patients would like to dip their toe but are frightened after seeing images or overfilled lips across social media and the internet.
- Did you know you can have as little as half a syringe?
- Nearly 80% of women will look to favourite celebrity’s lips and bring a photograph with them at initial consultation
- Many younger women have become perfectionists on their own lips and often direct the doctor on the placement of their own lip filler.
- Your lips are unique to you and will always look better when fully customised to you, looking at famous lips is good to get an idea of what you would like to achieve but desirability should be focused on enhancing your own uniqueness
- If you have asymmetric lips then you can have lip fillers to adjust symmetry. So, for instance if you have a very thin upper lip then filler can just be added there. If you would like a little plumpness to the centre of your lips you can choose to plump the central lips to create your desired look.
- You will normally experience some swelling for 24 to 48 hours after having had your dermal filler and you may get a little bruising, although some patients are lucky not to have any.
- The dermal filler used are specific to lips and are made of hyaluronic acid (HA) a naturally occurring substance in your body.
- Lips will feel natural after the filler has settled into place and results should last 6-12 months.
- You can go straight back to work and normal activities after lip augmentation.
- We can administer anaesthetic cream to make the procedure as pain free and comfortable as possible.
- If you don’t like your new lips they can be dissolved by an enzyme called hyaluronidase with immediate results.
- Be careful of offers, if it seems too good to be true it usually is and might not produce the results that you would get from a reputable source.
- Our lip filler procedures are only carried out by Doctors.
Lip definition can be enhanced by treatments around the mouth not just the lips themselves