Say hello to confidence…
If you have a visible visual difference, such as a scar or skin condition on your face or body, it can seriously hamper your confidence, self-esteem and ability to face the world.
Being asked questions or stared at is something no one should have to encounter. And yet, people with visual differences find this a fact of life. If you’ve had surgery, have birthmarks or a distinguishing feature that is causing you stress and anxiety, exploring medical tattooing or camouflage make-up could be the step that changes your life for the better.
At the Harley Street Skin Clinic, our specialist Medical Tattooist and Camouflage Make-Up expert; Rae Denman works with patients to reduce their fear through reducing their visible difference. She takes them on a journey that includes education about the options; advice and support in making choices, and ultimately being able to brave the world more positively and confidently.
Being able to offer a choice between covering up, whether on a daily basis with camouflage or long term with medical tattooing, takes the fear factor out of the equation, and can have a major positive effect on many areas of patients’ lives including their relationships, at work and socially.
The benefits of medical tattooing are visual, physical and psychological. Patients want to look better, feel confident, to have a say in their appearance, and for some, finalise their medical journey. This service is usually the patients’ last port of call; when surgery is completed and a final touch is needed for enhancement.
Your thorough consultation will determine expectations and suitability of treatment, and all your options will be fully discussed and explained.
Medical Tattooing is the process of implanting medically certified pigment into the skin creating definition, shading and colour. It can treat the following conditions:
- Skin grafts
- Nipple / areola
- Cleft lip
- Port wine stains
- Lack of pigment in skin
- Lack of hair on brows, lash line and scalp
One of the most important factors in tattooing is the pigment choice. Pigments these days are medically certified and are used instead of ink. Ink in a normal body tattoo, is a large molecule that is too big to travel through the layers of the skin, so it stays where it is implanted; into the dermal layer. Medically certified pigment is a much smaller molecule and is implanted into the same layer as ink, but it CAN travel through the layers of the skin. The lymph then comes along and processes it (breaks it down) and gets rid of it. Therefore, medical tattooing and semi-permanent makeup fade with time, varying between 1-5 years depending on age, body temperature, medication, skin type and aftercare. Colour boosts are available. The pigments are safe, non-toxic and non-irritants.
The number of sessions will depend upon the size of the area to be treated, the level of discolouration and how well the aftercare is adhered too.
The treatment is NOT painful but can be tender. A topical anaesethic is used before and during the treatment to control the sensation.
Semi-permanent makeup can then be applied to features such as eyebrows, eyelids and lips.
The benefits of medical tattooing are visual, physical and psychological. Explore how we can help you by contacting us now.
I am absolutely delighted with my treatment which in no small measure down to your care at Harley Street Skin Clinic Surrey
The benefits of medical tattooing
- Address areas of visible difference that are bothering you and impeding you living life to the full
- Improve your self-esteem and confidence in your looks
- Be treated with sensitivity, empathy and discretion
- Access a highly experienced and medically trained professional Medical Tattooist
- Fully understand the results you can expect
Medical Tattooing Prices
|Medical Tatooing||from £100|
Why the Harley Street Skin Clinic for medical tattooing?
- Outstanding standards of excellence that are synonymous with the Harley Street name
- Specialist, experienced Surgeons at the top of their field
- Beautiful, spotless Clinic offering a comfortable and pleasant experience
- Run by a Clinic Manager with senior level experience in some of the most prestigious and highly acclaimed clinics in London
- Wide range of cosmetic solutions and treatments to skin conditions and concerns
- Free, no obligation Consultation
- Second to none personal care, with all your questions answered and any concerns addressed
- Track record of success in aesthetic cosmetic surgery and treatments
- Assurance of safety and risk minimisation in all aspects of our clinical work
- Access to the most ground-breaking, innovative techniques and technology in the cosmetic treatment market
Hello, I’m Davina Saunders, Clinic Manager
Cosmetic surgery and aesthetic medicine, for most people, is a big step. For some, it’s a journey from feeling unhappy with a physical feature; through to eventually undergoing a procedure to improve how you feel.
All the procedures at our Reigate-based, Harley Street Skin Clinic are doctor-led and carry the quality seal that is synonymous with the Harley Street name. My background in managing Clinics and Theatres including a prestigious Hair Transplant Clinic, combined with detailed knowledge of regulations and legislation in the Private Medical Sector, ensures our practice remains at the forefront of standards within the cosmetic treatment industry.
With a staff formed of committed, experienced, specialist clinicians and non-clinicians; you’ll have the most exceptional knowledge, leading-edge technology and professional service possible at your disposal.
The Harley Street Skin Clinic puts patients firmly at the heart of everything we do. We’re driven by delivering every patient the comfort, safety and cosmetic outcome that exceeds their expectations.