The benefits are clear…
It just doesn’t seem a lot to ask, having a clear complexion. But the incredibly common condition of acne, whilst mostly associated with teenagers, also affects people in their 20s, 30s and into their 40s due to hormonal changes.
Searching for ‘Acne treatment Surrey’? Whenever in your life you experience it; it’s likely to come with a degree of distress, discomfort (even pain), self-consciousness and impact on confidence. It may range in its severity, come and go and cost a lot of money pursuing products and cosmetics to cover it up and address it. Acne can also have a longer-term impact on the skin, as it can lead to various degrees of scarring.
If you suffer from acne, what you need is an understanding ear and an effective, long term solution. Our specialist team of Dermatologists here at the Harley Street Skin Clinic are experienced in treating and resolving the most challenging cases of acne. In your consultation we’ll carefully examine your skin and explain the options. When you pursue your treatment with us, you can be confident that you’re getting the absolute best advice.
Acne treatments take into consideration the type of acne that you have, and involve tailoring a bespoke programme that will work for you. As a challenging condition, treating acne requires a commitment and will involve our skin experts combining approaches and tweaking recommendations in line with the results. There are many different approaches which include;
- Salicylic acid + Azalaeic acid + glycolic acid
- Benzyl peroxide
Usually a combination regime of one or more of these is used and your consultation will fully explore and explain the benefits and any side effects that you can expect.
Walking into the clinic is like entering a little oasis of calmness and warmth.
- Photodynamic therapy
- Chemical peels
- Spot injections
- Medical microdermabrasion
- Skin needling
- Dermal fillers / skin fillers
These treatments may combine or follow the courses of medicine, in some cases addressing any remaining scarring impact on the skin.
The benefits of acne treatment
- Reduce the severity if not entirely clear up your acne
- Eliminate the pain associated with the spots
- Reduce the risk of further break-outs
- See your complexion become clear
- Minimise long term scarring
- Improve confidence, self-esteem around your image and in photographs
- Save money on less effective products and cosmetics
- Understanding and empathetic approach
- A wide variety of options available which used in the right combination, can work
Acne treatment prices
|Skin needling||from £220|
|Dermal Fillers / skin fillers||from £350|
|Glycolic (40-70%) Peel||£65 – £85|
|TCA 15% Peel||£180|
|VI Peel (Scarring / Deep Pigmentation)||£350 – £450|
Why the Harley Street Skin Clinic for acne treatment?
- Outstanding standards of excellence that are synonymous with the Harley Street name
- Specialist, experienced Surgeons at the top of their field
- Beautiful, spotless Clinic offering a comfortable and pleasant experience
- Run by a Clinic Manager with senior level experience in some of the most prestigious and highly acclaimed clinics in London
- Wide range of cosmetic solutions and treatments to skin conditions and concerns
- Free, no obligation Consultation
- Second to none personal care, with all your questions answered and any concerns addressed
- Track record of success in aesthetic cosmetic surgery and treatments
- Assurance of safety and risk minimisation in all aspects of our clinical work
- Access to the most ground-breaking, innovative techniques and technology in the cosmetic treatment market
Hello, I’m Davina Saunders, Clinic Manager
Cosmetic surgery and aesthetic medicine, for most people, is a big step. For some, it’s a journey from feeling unhappy with a physical feature; through to eventually undergoing a procedure to improve how you feel.
All the procedures at our Reigate-based, Harley Street Skin Clinic are doctor-led and carry the quality seal that is synonymous with the Harley Street name. My background in managing Clinics and Theatres including a prestigious Hair Transplant Clinic, combined with detailed knowledge of regulations and legislation in the Private Medical Sector, ensures our practice remains at the forefront of standards within the cosmetic treatment industry.
With a staff formed of committed, experienced, specialist clinicians and non-clinicians; you’ll have the most exceptional knowledge, leading-edge technology and professional service possible at your disposal.
The Harley Street Skin Clinic puts patients firmly at the heart of everything we do. We’re driven by delivering every patient the comfort, safety and cosmetic outcome that exceeds their expectations.
Am I suitable?
Acne occurs most often in teenage years and early twenties it can however be triggered during perimenopause as the skin is sensitive to hormonal fluctuations. Acne can occur on the face, neck, shoulders, back and body including the scalp. Acne is a hormonal disease affected by Increased androgens (male hormones found in both males and females) that can cause acne in both sexes.
When will I see results?
It will take about six weeks to see significant improvement depending upon the severity of the acne or acne scarring. Full results in general will take 9-12 months. It is very important to continue with treatment once started. Too many individuals give up after six weeks when their skin will just be starting to respond to treatment.
How long will I need to recover?
Depending upon your individual treatment plan there may be little or no downtime up to 1-2 weeks. Most individuals consider the recovery less unsightly than the acne or acne scarring itself so do not mind going back to work immediately.
How long will results last?
Adolescent and adult acne will both diminish as we age and as hormones settle down. Controlling active acne is the key to treatment response. Acne scarring will take up to a year for final results.
AS SEEN ON