Moles are very common and mostly harmless skin lesions. Their colouration is created by melanocytes (pigment). They can irritate if there is a hair growing through them. They can develop at any age from birth and will often darken when exposed to the sun.
Moles can develop changes and sometimes a melanoma can look like a harmless mole.
Moles can be a variety of different sizes and if you feel your mole is unsightly or uncomfortable, having it removed by a specialist can be a safe and effective solution.
Searching for “mole removal Surrey”? Key to mole removal, particularly from the face, is the ability of the surgeon to deliver the procedure with the minimum of discomfort and scarring. At the Harley Street Skin Clinic this is exactly what we achieve.
Depending on the nature of the mole, which will be fully examined in your Consultation, there may be a surgical or non-surgical solution.
It may be possible to ‘shave’ some protruding moles away. Using a scalpel, the mole will be ‘shaved’ down until it is flush with the surrounding skin. Whilst this procedure addresses the protruding aspect of the mole, but it can leave mole cells under the skin which may grow back.
A simple and pain-free procedure, shaving allows an instant result.
Excision of a mole is a surgical procedure and will therefore be carried out under a local anaesthetic. The dermatologist will cut out the mole and plus a border of surrounding skin. Stitches will be required which will heal to leave a minimal scar.
All moles are checked prior to undergoing treatment. Moles that are suspicious can be sent to a specialist lab, however we prefer to involve your GP for any signs of cancer for your peace of mind.
A relaxed friendly environment, nothing seems too much trouble, very professional
The benefits of mole removal
- Remove unsightly moles from face or body which are bothering you
- Remove moles which may be rubbing on clothes and causing you discomfort
- Check for skin cancer for peace of mind
- Minimal scarring as well as non-surgical option
- Highly effective results
Mole Removal Prices
|Doctor’s Initial Consultation||FREE|
Why the Harley Street Skin Clinic for mole removal?
- Outstanding standards of excellence that are synonymous with the Harley Street name
- Specialist, experienced Surgeons at the top of their field
- Beautiful, spotless Clinic offering a comfortable and pleasant experience
- Run by a Clinic Manager with senior level experience in some of the most prestigious and highly acclaimed clinics in London
- Wide range of cosmetic solutions and treatments to skin conditions and concerns
- Free, no obligation Consultation
- Second to none personal care, with all your questions answered and any concerns addressed
- Track record of success in aesthetic cosmetic surgery and treatments
- Assurance of safety and risk minimisation in all aspects of our clinical work
- Access to the most ground-breaking, innovative techniques and technology in the cosmetic treatment market
Hello, I’m Davina Saunders, Clinic Manager
Cosmetic surgery and aesthetic medicine, for most people, is a big step. For some, it’s a journey from feeling unhappy with a physical feature; through to eventually undergoing a procedure to improve how you feel.
All the procedures at our Reigate-based, Harley Street Skin Clinic are doctor-led and carry the quality seal that is synonymous with the Harley Street name. My background in managing Clinics and Theatres including a prestigious Hair Transplant Clinic, combined with detailed knowledge of regulations and legislation in the Private Medical Sector, ensures our practice remains at the forefront of standards within the cosmetic treatment industry.
With a staff formed of committed, experienced, specialist clinicians and non-clinicians; you’ll have the most exceptional knowledge, leading-edge technology and professional service possible at your disposal.
The Harley Street Skin Clinic puts patients firmly at the heart of everything we do. We’re driven by delivering every patient the comfort, safety and cosmetic outcome that exceeds their expectations.
Am I suitable?
There is no gender or age restriction for mole removal, ideally you will be 18-80 with either one or a number of moles that concern you.
When will I see results?
Results can be seen immediately.
How long will I need to recover?
It will take 10-14 days for the healing process and a few months for the pigmentation to blend to the surrounding skin.
How long will results last?
Results are long lasting.
AS SEEN ON