Platelet Rich Plasma / PRP
PRP is a revolutionary new aesthetic treatment, but one which is tried and tested in the medical arena in treating scar tissue and encouraging skin healing. It works through using plasma, rich in beneficial platelets, to enable the skin to rejuvenate itself; a process which naturally slows down as we get older or due to damage to the skin. Your blood contains specialised growth factors known as mesenchymal stem cells that are responsible for tissue regeneration and healing when you are either injured or ill. The platelets are gathered via a small sample of your own blood, and when injected into the treatment area, act to stimulate growth and regeneration.
PRP for hair restoration is a non-surgical treatment for thinning hair and hair loss. It is suitable for both men and women to promote new hair growth. PRP as an all-natural autologous procedure to both stimulate hair growth as well as improve the skin and health of the scalp.
When PRP is administered to the scalp, hair follicles have been shown to not just stop their reduction in diameter, but the process has even been shown to reverse itself. PRP will stimulate existing follicles and existing hair roots. it cannot grow ‘new’ hair if there is not an existing root to stimulate. It does however nourish existing follicles which in turn produces thicker, fuller hair and slows down the process of hair loss.
Autologous, Angel, Activated or Stem cell PRP
Autologous, Angel, Activated or Stem cell PRP eliminates granulocytes which are cells that impede in the process of tissue regeneration and wound healing. The highly concentrated platelet rich plasma (PRP) is then injected into the scalp. Hair follicle growth is stimulated through stem cells and other cells within the microenvironment of the hair follicles. PRP promotes a healing and regeneration response on a cellular level to stimulate inactive hair follicles into an active growth phase. PRP also prevents further hair loss as it stimulates the follicles to produce thick healthy hair again and because it is a completely natural process, your hair will look entirely natural.
PRP will involve a course of sessions, where injections are carried out with topical anaesthetic to the areas being treated. The sessions are short – around 30 minutes – enabling you to fit them around your life and get on with your day. Following some likely initial swelling or redness, you will recover within a few days.
All treatments for hair loss take several months to produce results but you may be able to see stimulated growth from 3-12 months, due to the hair’s normal growth cycle.
I am absolutely delighted with my treatment which in no small measure down to your care at Harley Street Skin Clinic Surrey
The benefits of PRP for Hair Loss
- Address and reverse the hair loss associated with male pattern baldness, thinning hair, receding hairline
- Treatments for both men and women
- Natural, non-surgical treatment based on using own blood cells
- Reverse balding process
- Produce natural looking, full hair
- Long-lasting results
- Short sessions
- Results evident from three months
|Platelet Rich Plasma||£500|
Why the Harley Street Skin Clinic for hair restoration treatments?
- Outstanding standards of excellence that are synonymous with the Harley Street name
- Specialist, experienced Surgeons, hair restoration specialists and medical tattooists at the top of their field
- Beautiful, spotless Clinic offering a comfortable and pleasant experience
- Run by a Clinic Manager with senior level experience in some of the most prestigious and highly acclaimed hair treatments clinics in London
- Surgical and non-surgical hair restoration solutions and treatments
- Free, no obligation Consultation
- Second to none personal care, with all your questions answered and any concerns addressed
- Track record of success in hair restoration surgery and treatments
- Assurance of safety and risk minimisation in all aspects of our clinical work
- Access to the most ground-breaking, innovative techniques and technology in the hair restoration treatment market
Hello, I’m Davina Saunders, Clinic Manager
Cosmetic surgery and aesthetic medicine, for most people, is a big step. For some, it’s a journey from feeling unhappy with a physical feature; through to eventually undergoing a procedure to improve how you feel.
All the procedures at our Reigate-based, Harley Street Skin Clinic are doctor-led and carry the quality seal that is synonymous with the Harley Street name. My background in managing Clinics and Theatres including a prestigious Hair Transplant Clinic, combined with detailed knowledge of regulations and legislation in the Private Medical Sector, ensures our practice remains at the forefront of standards within the cosmetic treatment industry.
With a staff formed of committed, experienced, specialist clinicians and non-clinicians; you’ll have the most exceptional knowledge, leading-edge technology and professional service possible at your disposal.
The Harley Street Skin Clinic puts patients firmly at the heart of everything we do. We’re driven by delivering every patient the comfort, safety and cosmetic outcome that exceeds their expectations.