When it comes to skin, we don’t want things to look rosy…
Searching for “Rosacea treatment Surrey”? Red nose. Red patches. Sensitivity and discomfort. Spots and acne. Blotchy and itchy skin. Blushing and extreme skin reaction to irritants.
These are all symptoms of rosacea – a common but often misunderstood and underdiagnosed skin condition. Many people live for many years with symptoms of rosacea without knowing what it is, spending huge sums of money on cosmetic products that do not work or even exacerbate the condition.
Rosacea manifests itself as areas of facial redness, which may be permanent or flair up due to triggers, or a combination of both.
There’s no one cause of rosacea; it can be genetic, it can be hormonal, allergy related or triggered by anything from alcohol to anxiety.
Suffering with rosacea can range from mildly irritating to uncomfortable and debilitating. It can flair and subside with little notice. It also has no cure.
But at the Harley Street Skin Clinic our specialists are expert in the options available which can manage, reduce and lessen the visibility of your systems of rosacea.
Laser and intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment
Redness and visible blood vessels (telangiectasia) can sometimes be successfully improved with a course of vascular laser or intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment. These treatments may also improve flushing.
Laser and IPL machines produce narrow beams of light that are aimed at the visible blood vessels in the skin. The heat from the lasers damages the dilated veins and causes them to shrink so they’re no longer visible, with no damage to the surrounding area.
LED Light Therapy
LED Light Therapy uses different wavelengths of light to treat different skin conditions. The skin absorbs the light and in doing so creates energy which manifests itself in regenerating and rejuvenating the skin. With benefits for many skin complaints, including spots and acne, light therapy is a recognised treatment for reducing the inflammation and redness associated with rosacea. Safe, painless and non-invasive, administered by our skin care experts over a course of short sessions, LED Light Therapy can offer excellent results.
Treating thickened skin
In some people with rosacea the skin of the nose can become thickened. This is known as rhinophyma. Treatments are available to remove any excess tissue and remodel the nose into a more pleasing shape.
Cosmeceutical products which are a combination of cosmetics and pharmaceuticals work at the concentrations and skin depth necessary to make a real impact on the skin. Our specialists would tailor their recommendations of the skin care products available to find the right one for you.
Managing rosacea – self help guide
There are a number of steps you can take to help keep the symptoms of rosacea under control, including:
- avoiding things that trigger your symptoms – for example, by using sun cream and covering yourself up if direct sunlight makes your symptoms worse
- taking good care of your skin – for example, by using products suitable for sensitive skin
- using make-up – patches of persistent red skin can be disguised using specially designed camouflage make-up
- keeping your eyelids clean – if rosacea is causing your eyelids to become inflamed (blepharitis)
Medical treatment of papules and pustules
If you have round red bumps that rise from your skin (papules) and pus-filled swellings (pustules) caused by rosacea, there are a number of different medications that can be effective.
These can be divided into topical treatments that are applied to the skin, or oral treatments, which are taken by mouth.
Topical medications are usually prescribed first. These include:
- metronidazole cream or gel
- azelaic acid cream or gel
- ivermectin cream
You’ll usually need to apply these topical treatments once or twice a day, taking care not to get them in your eyes or mouth. It may be several weeks before you notice any significant improvement in your symptoms.
If your symptoms are more severe, an oral antibiotic medication may be recommended as these can help reduce inflammation of the skin. Antibiotics often used to treat rosacea include tetracycline, oxytetracycline, doxycycline and Isotretinoin. Isotretinoin is a medicine often used to treat severe acne, but at lower doses it’s also occasionally used to treat rosacea.
I am absolutely delighted with my treatment which in no small measure down to your care at Harley Street Skin Clinic Surrey
The benefits of Rosacea treatments at the Harley Street Skin Clinic
- Expert assessment, advice and treatment of the symptoms of rosacea
- Address the specific symptoms and learn how to manage the condition
- High quality products that are effective and appropriate for your skin
- Range of state-of-the-art, effective, safe rosacea treatments available
Rosacea Treatment Prices
|Rosacea Treatment||£150 x 1 session||£350 x 3 sessions|
Why the Harley Street Skin Clinic for Rosacea Treatments?
- Outstanding standards of excellence that are synonymous with the Harley Street name
- Specialist, experienced Surgeons at the top of their field
- Beautiful, spotless Clinic offering a comfortable and pleasant experience
- Run by a Clinic Manager with senior level experience in some of the most prestigious and highly acclaimed clinics in London
- Wide range of cosmetic solutions and treatments to skin conditions and concerns
- Free, no obligation Consultation
- Second to none personal care, with all your questions answered and any concerns addressed
- Track record of success in aesthetic cosmetic surgery and treatments
- Assurance of safety and risk minimisation in all aspects of our clinical work
- Access to the most ground-breaking, innovative techniques and technology in the cosmetic treatment market
Hello, I’m Davina Saunders, Clinic Manager
Cosmetic surgery and aesthetic medicine, for most people, is a big step. For some, it’s a journey from feeling unhappy with a physical feature; through to eventually undergoing a procedure to improve how you feel.
All the procedures at our Reigate-based, Harley Street Skin Clinic are doctor-led and carry the quality seal that is synonymous with the Harley Street name. My background in managing Clinics and Theatres including a prestigious Hair Transplant Clinic, combined with detailed knowledge of regulations and legislation in the Private Medical Sector, ensures our practice remains at the forefront of standards within the cosmetic treatment industry.
With a staff formed of committed, experienced, specialist clinicians and non-clinicians; you’ll have the most exceptional knowledge, leading-edge technology and professional service possible at your disposal.
The Harley Street Skin Clinic puts patients firmly at the heart of everything we do. We’re driven by delivering every patient the comfort, safety and cosmetic outcome that exceeds their expectations.